Last updated 9.03.2023
What personal data is processed
For what purpose are personal data processed
- Personal data such as name, personal identification number, e-mail and contact details are used by AIRE’s partners (Tallinn University of Technology, University of Tartu, Estonian University of Life Sciences) to issue continuing education certificates to participants.
- AIRE webinars are recorded and can be watched. If a person participates in a webinar, the seminar participants will be informed before the recording that the event will be recorded, and they will be given instructions at the relevant time with measures on how to implement personal data protection.
- The data (name, e-mail, profession) on the page of those registered for AIRE clubs are stored for the fulfillment of the project’s legal obligations (accounting).
- Those who register for AIRE clubs are added to the AIRE newsletter mailing list, which can be withdrawn by unsubscribing when receiving the newsletter.
- When using the AIRE website, cookies are mandatory, which concern the technical functioning and administration of the website. The homepage hanging in the WordPress environment complies with the data protection conditions of the GDPR. Voluntary cookies for marketing purposes are integrated with the AIRE website: Google Analytics and Facebook cookies.
- Targeting cookies are processed in AIRE’s marketing activities to direct services to AIRE’s target group, identify the target group, optimize ease of use and provide the best service quality.
Direct marketing messages
- The e-mail address is used to send direct marketing messages a) to the e-mail address of the contact person or recipient from public databases related to the company of the target group b) to those who subscribed to the newsletter through registration in the AIRE club.
- The contact information of private persons, which the persons themselves share with the employees related to the AIRE Center, may end up in the AIRE customer management software during natural networking, and the contact may be contacted only in justified circumstances related to the project’s activities.
Personal data is processed only in circumstances related to the activities of the AIRE project for the purpose of achieving the following goals
- AIRE supports the increase in the level of digitization and automation of small to medium-sized industrial enterprises, which is achieved through the purchase of demand-based services for the industrial enterprise.
- With the support of AIRE’s activities, investments in the digitalization, automation and awareness of the use of industrial artificial intelligence applications are expanding. AIRE provides financing support to industrial companies.
- AIRE is a part of the EDIH (European Digital Innovation Hubs) network under the leadership of the Estonian state, in which the center brings new knowledge and experience from partners across Europe (200+ EDIH centers).
- With the support of AIRE, the awareness of the application of artificial intelligence on the topics of industrial digitalization and automation will increase among industry managers, middle managers, workers, experts, specialists, engineers, developers, doctoral students-junior researchers, researchers and other involved persons.
- AIRE supports the industry’s innovative developments based on artificial intelligence and thereby increases the maturity of the Estonian industry market and also the market creation potential.
- The AIRE center is co-financed by the European Union (AI & Robotics Estonia – EDIH) from the “European Digital Innovation Hubs” program (project number 101083677) and the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications.
Recipients of personal data
The above-mentioned personal data (except cookies) are stored in Notion.so, a customer and data management program that provides technology services, which meets the data protection conditions of the GDPR and meets the security requirements related to data protection. AIRE uses the online ticketing environment Fienta to register for services. Fienta stores contact data related to ticket sales for 7 years from the date of sale. The data is completely lost from the Fienta servers when the event is deleted. AIRE will take action to delete the event after the event has taken place. AIRE uses both WordPress and zone.ee (Zone Media OÜ) as external information technology service providers. Both providers meet the data protection requirements of the GDPR. Personal data may be transferred to information technology service providers if this is necessary to ensure registration for the service or data hosting.
Security and data access
Personal data is stored on Notion.so servers, which are located in the territory of a member state of the European Union or countries that have joined the European Economic Area. Notion.so does not sell its customers’ data and guarantees data security. Employees of the partners involved in the AIRE project, who provide the training service and the AIRE club, have access to personal data. Employees come into contact with personal data in their work to issue advanced training certificates. Personal data of AIRE club registrants is processed to fulfill legal obligations (accounting).
Fetching your personal data
Personal data can be viewed by submitting a request to email@example.com
Withdrawal of consent
If the processing of personal data takes place on the basis of the consent of the person registered for the AIRE service, the participant of the service has the right to withdraw the consent by informing about this by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
AIRE deletes the participants’ personal data after providing the service, except if such data needs to be stored for accounting purposes or if it is a webinar, training or AIRE club recording (video, audio); with subscribers to the newsletter and training mailing list. Personal data necessary for accounting are stored for seven years.
In order to delete personal data, please contact Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Center AIRE at email@example.com. The deletion request will be answered no later than within a month, and the data deletion period will be specified.
The request for the transfer of personal data submitted by e-mail will be answered within a month at the latest. AIRE staff identifies the identity and informs about the personal data that is subject to transfer.
Direct marketing messages
The e-mail address is used to send direct marketing messages to the contact person’s or recipient’s e-mail address from public databases related to the target group’s company. If the recipient does not wish to receive direct marketing messages, they must select the corresponding reference (unsubscribe) in the footer of the e-mail or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AIRE center has two separate mailing lists: a newsletter and an information letter for training webinars. The purpose of the targeted marketing of the AIRE newsletter is to inform the interest group about the trainings, events and services aimed at them. In addition, raise the interest group’s awareness on the topics of artificial intelligence and robotics with articles and experience stories. The purpose of the targeted marketing of the AIRE trainings-webinars newsletter is to increase the competitiveness of Estonian small to medium-sized industrial companies by raising companies’ awareness of topics in the field of artificial intelligence and robotics. The aim of the trainings is to raise awareness of why automation and digitization are necessary and what are the possible applications of artificial intelligence and robotics solutions in industrial companies. With the training plan, AIRE offers support to the company in the introduction of digital technologies, artificial intelligence and robotics solutions, and AIRE acts in assembling the training plan based on the demand-based needs of industrial companies.
Cookies and other web technologies
AIRE may collect data about website visitors using Cookies (a small text file stored on your computer. This file stores data about your activities in the Internet environment. As a rule, this information is not personalized) or other similar technologies (e.g. IP -address, device information, location information) and process this data. AIRE uses the collected data to enable ease of use and ensure the best quality of service. The collected data is also used to count visitors and record their usage habits.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your computer or other device when you visit a website. The text file contains information that is used to improve the user experience of visitors to a particular web page. Cookies are stored in the file directory of the web browser, on the hard drive of the end device of the website visitor. If the visitor visits the same web page again, his web browser reads the cookie and returns the information to the web page that originally installed the cookie. Cookies do not endanger the website visitor’s computer.
What kind of cookies does AIRE use and for what purposes?
Session cookies – they are only stored temporarily while visiting the www.aire-edih.eu website. Session cookies are stored as long as the website visitor keeps the web browser open after entering the website. Session cookies remind the website that the visitor has made a choice on the previous page to avoid entering information repeatedly.
Persistent cookies – they are stored for a certain period of time. If you wish, you can delete them from the device yourself. The purpose of persistent cookies is:
Web browser identification – cookies that enable web browser recognition and safer use of the website; user statistics and analysis – cookies that provide information about how and how often the AIRE website is used, what user groups are and which search tools are used.
The cookies used by AIRE do not contain the personal data of the website visitor and cannot be used to identify the website visitor. If the website visitor wants to limit the storage of cookies on the end device or delete the saved cookies, this can be done under the settings of the web browser. Over time, AIRE cookies may be updated and adjusted to improve the quality of the service.